Who is Ms. Kat?
– Graduate of the State University of New York at New Paltz. BA, cum laude, in Psychology, with a study focus in Developmental/Child Psychology.
– Development Director for the Austin Civic Wind Ensemble (ACWE), Austin’s oldest community band. [2011-2014]
– Development Consultant / TCMF Liaison for ACWE’s 40th Anniversary Concert Season. [2014-2015]
– Flautist [2010 – present] Austin Civic Wind Ensemble (ACWE) Website
– Co-promoter, volunteer coordinator, and emcee for the annual Texas Community Music Festival (TCMF), featuring 60 free performances by Texas bands at Central Market North Lamar. [2012 – present] Texas Community Music Festival (TCMF) Website
– Founding Partner of Front Door Concerts [2016-2017], a children’s entertainment collective featuring Joe McDermott, Staci Gray, Mr. Will, Terrence Taps, and more. We offered concert subscriptions to Neighborhood Association / HOA amenities management and parenting groups.
– Self-taught guitarist with over 20 (cough, cough) years of performing experience.
– Lead guitar and flute for a funk, jazz, and soul project, Get It Good, [2013-2016] All original instrumental music. (Live rehearsal improvisational jam)
– Founding member, lead guitarist, and lead vocalist for Austin blues cover band, Them Blue Skies, [2011-2014] (Last song of a 3-hour, outdoor, 105 degree show)
– Vocalist, flautist, and rhythm guitarist with The Blue Diamonds, performing covers of jazz, swing, R&B, funk, and rock tunes. [2012 – 2013] (First three tracks are from Clockright Studios, ATX) The Blue Diamonds’ Website